Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Teach them to Be Like Jesus

I love reading Helaman's loving and proud words about the stripling warriors towards the end of Alma.  My thoughts today went first to the 60 that joined the original 2000 and how we should join and "obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness;" Alma 57:21.  They were saved because of their strict obedience to the laws of there leader, we will be saved doing the same.  And then at the end of the verse, "their mothers had taught them."  How am I like those those mama's of those valiant soldiers?  How am I not?  There has to be at least a 1000 or more who took their duty seriously to raise men of God.  That is a powerful and great number of women who new their divine role and carried it out.  And they were saved.

Dear Stripling Mama's,

You were given the greatest compliment from your extraordinary sons, "We do not doubt our mothers knew it." Alma 56:48. The faith required going into battle allowed them to "not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives;"  You taught them to be like Jesus.  When he taught, healed and served, he did it for us, as he suffered, bled and died our salvation was made possible because He knew that if he did not doubt, God would deliver Him and US.
I know it, and I must be more diligent, faithful, loving, patient & humble.
My children are growing and they need to have a stronger testimony of God, of Christ and His gospel.  I pray for strength that you and I.
Thank you for your example, I look forward to meeting you all, because as Lucy Mack Smith said, we will all sit down in Heaven together.

xomp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers